Monday, February 7, 2011

i Know this means something

It seems it’s fairly easy to become desensitized in today’s society to emotions, such as horror at seeing a murder or awe at some momentous natural event like a volcano eruption. This is probably because of the media, and the way the information is given to us. Or perhaps it’s the games we play growing up, call of duty and dead space making us into emotionless beings. (Which I don’t agree with, one look at me and you can tell call of duty has a firm place in my weekend enjoyment routine) Whatever the reason, it would be debated into the ends of earth, so I won’t give a reason. What I will say is that it’s hard in modern society to see or hear something and say “that means something.” People rarely see a sight or hear a sentence and feel moved on a profound level, perhaps because there are less sights and great things said nowadays. Or maybe the people themselves have changed and are bloated entitled children who are never pleased or content and are always crying over something. Again, whatever the reason, the fact still remains that myself personally, have seen a lot and heard a lot of things, but I haven’t really been moved by anything. No event or scene or sentence has made me stop and examine what that means to the whole. Perhaps others may have something, a birth of a sibling, a cave they went into and found cave people or something. But it hasn’t happened to me, and I don’t really feel a loss to not have experienced something of that nature.

1 comment:

  1. That you would say nothing has inspired you thus far...makes me sad. But im happy that...it...doesnt make..you sad...i dunno. Live your life man. Peace.

    ReplyDelete