Friday, May 20, 2011

x is known

First thing that comes to mind, very first impression, math. I love math. Malcolm X is the next thing to come to mind. X is known…well obviously he is. Most people have a very different view on him. Some people view him as a violent rebel anarchist, using violence as a means to an end while other better received figures, Martin Luther King, used nonviolence to try to obtain the same thing. While other people view him as the best kind of leader, one who inspired change by any means necessary and wasn’t content to just politely ask for something they needed, but to go out and take it. And still yet, to others, “X” is not known. They don’t really know anything about him. My opinion and me “knowing X” changed after this class. I had never really studied him before, and I just heard about him in passing, and the things said were not nice. My opinion about him before and after the book and movie are two completely different things. I personally understand wanting change or something in general and willing to do anything to get it. Of course, my personal wants and needs are far outweighed by Malcolm X’s dedication to his goal. Even when his idol, the basis upon which he as a person was based, was shattered, he carried on. He still lived by his philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment