Friday, May 20, 2011

x marks the spot

X marks the spot. The first thing I think of is pirates. I would be suspicious of someone’s social development if the first thing they thought of was unrelated to buried treasure and pirates. They must have had a deprived childhood. I realize that that is most likely not what this blog title was meant to inspire, as we have not covered pirates in philosophy as of yet. This is probably referring to the man and legend Malcolm X, though as to the “marks the spot” I cannot really figure out how that relates to Malcolm X and NOT be a reference to pirates. Perhaps this is trying to get me to question if Malcolm X was in fact a pirate. I don’t see how he would have the time; perhaps he was a pirate of the mind. Not sure what that means. Some philosophical stuff in this blog entry. Perhaps this is also referring to how people always looked to Malcolm x for something they wanted. Like, if they were searching for meaning or a purpose they would look for him, much like a pirate would search for treasure. Malcolm X was the “X” marking the spot for some people trying to find some sense of purpose or meaning in their life. These blogs probably make me look too far into things. It probably was about pirates the WHOLE time and you were just trying to mess with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment