Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Father and son, mother and son.

I cant really write about father and daughter, mother and daughter very well, because I don’t know about that relationship. I know from my ex gfs that you don’t mess with the father daughter relationship, and that’s all I really needed to know. A relationship between a father and son is quite different. My father is the open one, the one to say “go out and have fun, seeya when you get home”. Somehow, I think the conversation is quite different when a father talks to his daughter. My mother is the “who are you going with, how long are you staying, don’t do anything bad, call me” etc. if its like this for me, I imagine it’s the same for the daughters of the world. The mother daughter relationship must be similar to the father son relationship in which the parents encourage the child to have fun and to not worry about the other parent. Im not 100% sure, but it just seems right that this is how the family system is set up. If the same converse relationship is a standard, then the father in the daughter relationship must be the disciplinarian, while the mother is the last resort, tell her if you have to kind of punisher. In my family, the mother is the day to day, don’t do your chores get yelled at parent. But if something really bad happens, the father is brought in to back up the other parent. Its probably vice versa with a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment