Tuesday, January 25, 2011

King still king?

If this refers to actual kings, I would hope so. If I king were no longer king, he must have been overthrown. Because although I am not completely sure, im fairly confident kings serve for life. If a king was no longer king, he would have to have been a terrible leader, or the victim of some cruel and uncalled for civil unrest that took away his king ship. The fact that he is still alive to be able to be not a king is also worth mentioning. Perhaps he wasn’t overthrown, maybe he stepped down and is peacefully living out his days in some Scottish countryside, watching the cows eat grass and the bagpipes play their little songs that they play. I have never heard of a king stepping down, so this is not very likely at all. Maybe he is still king, then the answer to the question would be yes, the king is still king. Maybe this is a common greeting in some places, or perhaps a sarcastic statement. Such as “did you take out the trash billy?” (sarcastically) billy-“is the king still king?” this would be such a good thing to say if we had a king! I would use it daily. Alas, we do not possess one, our king, which we never had, is not still king. That satirical statement remains forever barred from me and my using of it shunned, unless we adopt that kind of government.

No comments:

Post a Comment